Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Quick, quick, slooow, quick, quick, slooow

Ever taken a dance class and they count out the footsteps? I believe it was basic salsa steps I learned that had that rhythm. Unfortunately, homebuying feels nothing like having fun to salsa music, but it does seem to have the same beat! One moment (or day or two) I call the various people and they've got new information and it feels like things are moving so quickly. The next, I can't get my lawyers office to give a clear answer and I've left two messages with the plumber to no response.

I'm practically itching with impatience, not helped by the fact that this is a very slow time of year for my office and I don't have alot to fill my work days. I want to roughly plan the repairs and everything but basic cleaning hangs on when the plumber can get his part of the job finished. So no planning, and I don't want to get too deep into looking at colors and whatnot for the walls of the house since I'd have to bug my realtor to let me in - but since I can't paint until after plumbing and drywall are done, it'd be more than a little ahead of myself to try to pick out paint colors.

3 weeks from now, to the day, we'll be closing on the house and at very least then I can transfer the full effect of my nervous energy to fixing up a home we actually own! But for now, I think I'll harass my lawyer's office again to see if they made our January 2nd closing date "official" to the right people, since they've already agreed to it with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home