Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Pretty in Pink - Prybar!

Not every gal is lucky enough to have a step-dad (David) who loves tools and makes sure even the feminine types in his household know how to use them. I remember learning how to change a tire long before I even had a permit, fixing a flat on our trash-hauling trailer while my mom stood by.

As part of this handy inclination, David collected a set of tools and toolbox which he presented to me the birthday before I moved into my very own first apartment. The hex set and screwdrivers came in handy, but some tools (saw, level) didn't get much use because of the limited changes you can make to an apartment. One such item was the very cool pink prybar that he found for my set:


Of course, since we got the house, that pretty prybar got alot more use than it had in the previous 6 years I had it. I've used it to pull off trim and pry out nails. The only tricky thing about pretty tools is once you start using them as they are intended, they don't stay so pretty anymore. After assisting Aaron in his vinyl floor removal, it moves from being "pretty" to being "well used." Thanks, Pops, the tools are coming in handy! Now if Aaron would only put them back in their place like you taught me ;-)

2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some things are more beautiful with a little of life's wear and tear showing - like strong women and pink prybars!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your "blog" comments, Julia, I have 4 toolboxes started for the grandchildren already. PoPs! (David) Strong Woman, Like BULL, but twice as smart... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home