Monday, March 19, 2007

Two out of three ain't bad...

After much frustration and calculation, Aaron was able to hang 2 of the 3 full sized doors on the bedrooms this weekend. It took lots of work and more patience than I could have managed, but he did it. Unfortunately the last doorframe is looking to be a bit tricky because of the way the house (a modular) comes together at that point. To make things even more interesting, he cut in the spots for the hinges on the wrong side of the door, so we'll probably be experimenting with wood putty to fix up that one. Hopefully everything will get sorted out over the course of the next week.

Also in progress now is the tearing out of the hardwood floor. We'd already torn out a small strip (well, Aaron tore, I carried the rubble) that had buckled from the water damage, but since we've purchased the new flooring and Aaron was "done" with doors for the day, he figured he could start going to work. No pics yet, but coming soon I promise!

I'm still not quite 100% from sinus infection #2 of the year, so I was taking it easy, painting closet doors being my main project, and stripping wallpaper off the walls when I was waiting for projects to dry or Aaron to need my assistance.

When all this will be done.. or done enough to live in.. is still a question. At this point all we know is that we are moving in on or before April 31st 'cause that's the end of our lease. Anything earlier is just a bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home