Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Moving right along...

Still nothing we can definitely point to and say "this is completely done" but we finally feel like we are making some forward progress instead of just swimming against the tide. Saturday was frustrating with some bad luck and plans that didn't work out, Sunday was an improvement and by Monday night we had a good head of steam, rolling forward with our work. Our main focus is getting living space in working order - top priority being the larger bathroom, our bedroom, and getting the kitchen in some sort of functional state. Plus that pesky water problem solved, of course.

The one good thing we completed on Saturday night was an inspection of the insulation in our roof. Aaron had opened up a hole w/some bad drywall and thought he spotted mold. I went up for a closer look and discovered it was actually just plain old dirt, no mold to be seen. WHEW! Of course in case of mold, I was quite geared up for my little exploration, and while helpful, it isn't exactly fashionable:

Some mild success I had was using a compound miter saw and nail gun (I am woman, hear me saw!) to put up some casing around a couple door frames. I only call it a mild success because it was a non-urgent job, I think the quality of work was definitely pretty darn good!


As I mentioned, Monday was really the "get 'er done" night thus far. Aaron was able to put up the replacement outer corners in the hall bathroom and then we went down to the crawl space to finish up our insulation replacement project. Unfortunately we ran out of insulation just shy of completing it, so we plan on going back this weekend with enough to finish the job and also to haul out all the old nasty stuff so we can bring it to the dump. If all goes well tonight, Aaron will have the outer corners finished up in the bathroom and it'll be ready for me to prime and paint tomorrow night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home