Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Two dates

Finally, our lawyer's office called around and made it "official" with everyone that yes, we really are having our closing on January 2, 2007! We knew that my lawyer was planning on that day, I'm just glad he's told everyone else!

AND the plumber called back last night - turns out his slow response was due to an epidemic of people with no heat in the area to the South of Ithaca, yikes! - and he starts on January 4th and expects it should only take him until January 5th to complete it unless things are much uglier than they appear. That means it'll be set for cleaning and maybe even primary demo of the livingroom walls by the weekend! Hurrah!

Another minor happy note: the lender said no one is going to come check up on us to make sure we live there 30 days after the closing, so if we want to put the finishing touches on before we move in and take longer, it's not a problem.

I am trying to keep myself busy with my H&R Block tax prep training (I'm a seasonal preparer this year), sewing, and getting the last of the Xmas shopping done so I can start wrapping. I think if I'd done this during any other time of year, I might have lost my mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home