Monday, January 22, 2007

New door and bold colors!

So I took Friday off to "supervise" (read "just be there") the installation of our new sliding glass door. It only took about 3 hours start to finish, and probably only that long because the installer was having a bad measuring day and mis-measured the inner wood and trim a couple of time. Since we are fixing up the wall above and around a bit before we paint, he left the trim off for us.

Here is the old door, complete with metal and wood handle that was about to fall off:

And here is the new door, all pretty and energy efficient:


Then it was on to painting. I was nervous and excited. The woman at the paint desk of Lowes said some people are afraid of color and good for me that I was playing with it. Well, truth be told, I was kind of afraid of the color, but only until I started painting and got into it. And I'm still nervous about the colors yet to be painted! For reference, the rooms will have "slate" grey carpeting, and our master bedroom furniture is cherry.

Here's a nice medium blue for the guest bedroom (still needs a second coat):


And here is my bold choice of "Blue Oasis" for the master bedroom (paint supply money curteous of the family in Mass, hope you guys like it!) It's a touch more "jewel toned" than how it shows up in the pic, but this is as close as the camera came to "true" color:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home