Thursday, December 08, 2011

Accidentally Over-Committed

Last night around 8:30, I decided I'd be productive and put the first coat of paint on the shelves for our new linen closet.  I grabbed a can of white paint and a screwdriver to open it. Unfortunately someone forgot to clean the lip of the can before they closed it up and the damned thing was painted shut.

I could have just given up then and there, but I'm stubborn (The hell, you say, not our Julia!). So I kept hacking at it, chiseling out crusty dried paint, until finally I PEELED the top off the can of paint. The paint mixed well but it was a bit on the thick side. So now I have a problem - there is no way the lid is going back on and this paint is not gonna last...

And that's how I got to put my sheets and towels into my freshly painted linen closet this morning.


Another project down, so many left to go...

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger meowsandmutts said...

Did I see some space left lower rignt? Bonus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home