Thursday, May 10, 2007

Just an update

I figure it's been a week, you guys deserve some of the pics I fished off the camera, and hear a little about how we are doing.

Shady spent the first couple days cooped up in our hall bathroom, because it was the safest place to contain her. Even as "safest place," it was still a cluttered mess:

Whenever I came into visit, she was feeling quite needy, though she handled the move alot better than other cats I've known and loved! Like a little kid, she says "Momma, pick me up!"


Here is our nice but not glamous new livingroom on the first night. It actually hasn't changed much since that night, since there wasn't much to put away. I wish we could get new furniture that matched and looked a little less "college," but for now I guess I'll have to settle for spending money on more important things - like finishing the walls and floors!


I mentioned when we moved in that we were having trouble... well here is one thing that was easy to photograph. Our fridge didn't fit where it should. Not the kind of problem we expect to have, we measured the spot. But we measured at a natural sort of eye-high spot, and it turns out our wall is crooked and it was too narrow at the bottom. So it was just shy of fitting:


So Aaron actually had to take out the two cabinets:

And move them just two inches or so to the left. Somehow I forgot to get a pic, but now our fridge is back where it should be. The wall cabinets have a 2 inch gap between the soffet and the wall, and there is a slanted gap on the right side w/our wonky wall.

And because I'm a big dork, I had to take a pic of the first meal we cooked on our new stove (just spaghetti in meat sauce, since we didn't have the energy for something more interesting):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home